“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Did you ever have the experience at school when two people were selected to choose teams and the rest of you are left standing there hoping not to be the last person…?
And how does that sense of being ‘chosen’ or on the flipside rejected impact how powerful you feel in life?
Maybe it plays out these days in these kinds of situations when you:
- get asked out on a date (chosen)
- get dumped (not chosen)
- are hired for a job (chosen)
- told you weren’t the successful applicant (not chosen)
- secure that client (chosen)
- lose that client (not chosen)
- get invited to a party (chosen)
- get left off the invite list (not chosen).
But what would happen if you choose yourself, no matter what they say or decide? That’s the question we are asking you this week on the RYPL blog.