“It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
Quick note from Leah & Naz…
As many of you would know, this past week we had the honor and privilege of celebrating the life of Scott Dinsmore from Live Your Legend at a deeply moving memorial in San Francisco.
We wanted you to know that as well as serving all of you amazing RYPL Warriors, we are excited to be forming part of the core Live Your Legend team to continue the incredibly important work that Scott started.
Both communities have always been very closely aligned in mission, values, and beliefs, and so all this means is that we get to have even more fun with you all! We plan on continuing to serve you just as before and we will keep you updated as we get more clarity on how these two roles jive together.
Now let’s dive in to this week’s post…
Have you ever had a big idea or dream to make an impact, to change the world, or to have a job that you adore!?
And then have you ever gone to a conference, a meetup, or a seminar and left feeling fired up, pumped up and bouncing off the walls only to feel that inspiration slowly (or quickly) seeping away?
As you may know by now, we like a little less sugar here at RYPL because it’s easy to find a bunch of people in the online world who will try to convince you that you can easily make a difference and transition to work you adore in a matter of weeks or months!!
In our experience, it is simply a load of B.S. designed to keep you buying products and services, only to be left even more disempowered and disenchanted than before.
And that sucks!!
Because when things don’t work out as quickly as you’re promised, you might:
- blame yourself
- tell yourself you’re not good enough/expert enough/smart enough
- become resigned and frustrated
- blame others
Walking through the mud
We make no bones about the fact that making your ripple effect/doing work that matters/making a difference…whatever you want to call it, takes IMMENSE courage, determination, drive and persistence.
We would describe the journey to date like walking through mud.
It has taken effort and determination to take each and every step. It has been more so conquering fear upon fear and learning all sorts of things along the way. It hasn’t been easy but it has definitely been worth it.
In that time, we have had the opportunity to;
- Connect in person and online with thousands of people. For us, there is nothing more rewarding than to see someone shift themselves with a little encouragement and belief from the mundane to the magical
- Create a hyper-engaged community of people who on a daily basis are more vulnerable and supportive of each other than we could have ever imagined
- Flown to and spoken at events across the world including New York, Austin, Portland, London, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney
- Hosted our first ever meetup at World Domination Summit
- Hosted a workshop at CampGLP
- Held our first retreat in Australia
- Launched our first retreat in the USA
- Created our first course – Find Your Fire
- Created (soon to launch) our first online summit and course, How to Create a Hyper-Engaged Community
- Hosted an event with Chris Guillebeau in Sydney
- Connected on a deep level with many amazing people including some who have mentored us: Scott Dinsmore, KC Carter, Jonathan Fields, Pam Slim, Jennifer Boykin, Charlie Gilkey
- Been featured in places like Entrepreneur on Fire, The Empowered Women Show, No Biz Like Soul Biz Conference, and Foundr Magazine
- Launched the World Changer’s Blueprint where we are working on launching 12 world changing projects.
So although it takes getting uncomfortable, getting dirty, and falling down, progress can only been seen upon zooming out and gaining perspective.
So take a moment to reflect on what you’ve achieved over the past two years. How far have YOU come along the way?
We’d love for you to join us on this week’s vlog to hear more about the unexpected truths of making your impact, and our tips for dusting yourself off when things get tough….check it out here.